Goombuckar Indigenous Cultural Bus
What is it?
The Goombuckar Bus is a 34-seater bus converted into a mobile Indigenous Learning platform. It is a living history and storytelling experience. The students will enjoy coming aboard & learning about our local Indigenous places, people and culture.
How it works...
Ideally, we would love to come and park the bus for a week, running 2 or more activities with each class across all year levels.
As a start, each class has 2 lessons:
- The first, inside the bus (cultural introduction and storytelling)
- The second, outside (art lesson covering symbols and recalling activities from stories told inside the bus)
Details of the lessons are included below.
Each grade has different lessons & all lessons have links to the curriculum which the numbers are shown for your convenience.
(We know this is not always possible due to each grade running on different parts of the curriculum but we do encourage us working with all grades. We can talk about a full school performance and welcome included at no cost. Due to set up and costs related to the bus we have a min of 60 students per visit)
Lesson's (Download/view PDF at botom of page or click here Goombuckar Indigenous Cultural Bus
What we need to come...
- Our bus is a 34 seater Mitsubishi Fuso, so we need a little space-9m x 6m. Most schools have the bus parked where the Dental Van comes or on a grassy spot close to power.
- We need power (Electricity) just a normal power point is fine please.
- We have a risk assessment that we have started to fill out the basics so please take advantage of this. You will have to fill in more details but the basics are therefore your convenience.
Here is just one Testimonial